Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Zenith Oduah
Ekiti State police authorities have arrested 25-year-old, Familola Ayodeji for allegedly raping an 85-year-old great-grandmother.
In a statement issued Thursday ,by Ekiti State Police Public Relations officer, it says the operatives of the Department of Criminal Investigation, Ado-Ekiti have arrested one Familola Ayodeji ‘m’ of No. 17, Oke Ido Street, Ido-Ekiti aged 25 years for the rape of an 85 year old woman on the 25th December, 2014.
The victim, a great grandmother was asleep when the suspect sneaked into her room, bolted the door and forcefully took advantage of her. The suspect initially went into hiding after the act but was caught in the dragnet spread for him by detectives.
Medical report confirmed that the victim was raped by the suspect, he will soon be charged to court. ASP. Victor Babayemi
Meanwhile, another statement also in Ekiti says, “Man 80yrs Arrested For Raping 12yr-old Girl”..
Read statement below…
Police detectives from Ikole Division, Ikole-Ekiti have arrested one Pa Olajide Ojo of No. B22, Oke Ode Idogun Street, Ikole–Ekiti for defiling a 12 years old girl (name withheld) on 24th of December, 2014.
The victim who was on street trading was lured into the room by the suspect under the pretence that he wanted to buy pounded yam for the girl. The suspect locked the door as soon as the victim entered and forcefully defiled her.
The cry of the girl attracted neighbours who promptly alerted the police. Detectives responded promptly and arrested the suspect and took the victim to the hospital. Medical report as well as the blood stained exhibits recovered from the scene confirmed that the victim was defiled by the suspect.
Suspect will be charged to court as soon as the industrial action embarked upon by judiciary staff is called off. ASP.
Police Public Relations Officer,
Ekiti State Police Command.
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law