Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Nigerian choral group in Akwa Ibom State has shattered the hitherto existing world record for the largest number of Christmas carol singers in the world.
The Guinness World Records honour posted its website www.guinessworldrecords.com, was broken by the group known as the Unity Choir in a concert held at the Uyo Township Stadium on December 13, 2014 with Guinness World Records representatives in attendance.
The choir, a 25,272 man-strong choral group, shattered the the former record of 15,674 carol singers set by a group known as CENTI in Bogota, Columbia on December 15, 2013. A representative of the Guinness World Records, Liz Smith, congratulated the choir, said : ‘It is now time to reveal the report of the official attempt to break the Guinness World Record of the largest group of carol singers. Our teams of highly trained record specialists have reached a decision. The record to beat was 15,674. I can now confirm that your attempt to break the record has been successful. Congratulations on receiving a new Guinness World Records Title.
Godswill Akpabio Unity Choir has achieved the title of the largest group of carol singers.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan