Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Nigerian choral group in Akwa Ibom State has shattered the hitherto existing world record for the largest number of Christmas carol singers in the world.
The Guinness World Records honour posted its website www.guinessworldrecords.com, was broken by the group known as the Unity Choir in a concert held at the Uyo Township Stadium on December 13, 2014 with Guinness World Records representatives in attendance.
The choir, a 25,272 man-strong choral group, shattered the the former record of 15,674 carol singers set by a group known as CENTI in Bogota, Columbia on December 15, 2013. A representative of the Guinness World Records, Liz Smith, congratulated the choir, said : ‘It is now time to reveal the report of the official attempt to break the Guinness World Record of the largest group of carol singers. Our teams of highly trained record specialists have reached a decision. The record to beat was 15,674. I can now confirm that your attempt to break the record has been successful. Congratulations on receiving a new Guinness World Records Title.
Godswill Akpabio Unity Choir has achieved the title of the largest group of carol singers.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries