Estimated Reading Time: <1
Enugu Catholic priest and founder of the Adoration Ministry, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, yesterday raised the alarm that he has been receiving threat messages following his New Year eve message where he said that Nigeria would be doomed if President Goodluck Jonathan is re-elected.
In a sermon at the Christ the King Catholic Parish GRA, Enugu, yesterday, Rev. Mbaka said if such threats could move him, he would not even be standing before the congregation that morning, SUN Newspaper reports.
He declared: “Tell them I am not afraid of them. I have said what I was asked to say. The only word I have for them is Isaiah 54:15,17: “Surely they shall gather, but because the gathering is not of God they shall scatter. No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper.”
“They said Buhari gave me money, but I have never met with Buhari. I don’t know him in person. I only delivered the message I was given and I stand by that message because the future of this country is bleak with Jonathan on the saddle.”
Mbaka said before he gave the December 31, 2014 message, he had called Mrs. Patience Jonathan severally but couldn’t get to her.
Said he: “When she came here, I told her to give me her number so that I could give her messages, but thrice she refused. It was later she told one of the pastors with her to give me his number. “
“So, before that message, I had called the number for two weeks but it was always the Personal Assistant to the pastor that picked the calls. “
Mbaka, who warned that Nigeria needed change, repeated that if Jonathan was re-elected for another tenure, “the next four years will be hell for the country. People are crying of hanger but then you will see what is hunger.”
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi