Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigeria Police has put in place operational strategies to enhance security provision during this year’s Christmas holidays and beyond.
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Suleiman Abba CFR, NPM, NPOM, mni has since directed all Zonal Assistant Inspectors-General of Police and Commissioners of Police in charge of State Commands to put in place extended Police visibility and patrols taking into consideration their peculiar security situation in order to protect the citizens as they celebrate the Christmas and new year season. The various striking units of the Force Viz; Police Mobile Force, Special Protection Unit, Counter Terrorism Unit, Explosive Ordinance Department, Dog Section, Mounted Troop have also been deployed as part of the water-tight security measures. The Police Airwing will carry out air surveillance patrols while the Marine Police will ensure a sustained patrol of all water ways.
Meanwhile, the IGP heartily rejoices with Christians nationwide as they join the Christendom in celebrating this year’s Christmas and enjoins them to practice the virtues of Jesus Christ by propagating peace, demonstrating love and forgiveness. Similarly, he also rejoices with all Police officers as he wishes them and their supportive families a joyful Christmas. He thanked all Officers for their tireless and selfless service to the nation.
The Statement signed by Ag. CP Emmanuel C. S. Ojukwu, Psc, Force Public Relations Officer, Force Headquarters
Abuja says operators of public places are further advised to be vigilant and ensure they properly screen all visitors/users of their facilities during this yuletide celebration. Members of the public are also urged to report any suspicious movement in their areas to the Police.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?