Estimated Reading Time: <1
On behalf of the Government and people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan extends heartfelt condolences to the Government and People of Pakistan on the loss of over 140 lives in yesterday’s terrorist attack on Peshawar.
President Jonathan assures Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and the people of Pakistan that Nigeria stands in full solidarity with them as they mourn the victims of yesterday’s heinous attack and strive to give succour to the injured and the bereaved.
The President wholly condemns the brutal, savage, senseless and totally unjustifiable killing of innocent students and staff during the attack.
He believes that the atrocity in Peshawar and recurring terrorist crimes across the world strongly reinforce the need for urgent action towards the formation of more effective regional, continental and global alliances against insurgency and violent extremism.
President Jonathan prays that God Almighty will comfort all the bereaved families of Peshawar and grant the injured speedy recovery.
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
December 17, 2014
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande