Estimated Reading Time: <1
A recent Facebook post by Ogun state governor, Senatotr Ibikunle Imosun seems to be doing more harm than the intended good to the presidential ambition of APC’s candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari. The controversial post which is currently receiving severe backlash in several quarters contained quotes reportedly made by the retired General. The post read:
I have at least one million naira in my bank, having paid N5.5 million to pick my form from my party. I have around 150 cattle because I am never comfortable without cows. I have a house each in Kaduna, Kano, and Daura which I borrowed money to build. I never had a foreign account since I finished my courses in the USA, India and the UK. I never owned any property outside Nigeria. Never.”
– General Buhari ?#?SIAleekansi? ?#?SIAmission2rebulid2015?
Popular comedian, MC Abbey popularly known as Prof is not at all pleased by the statement and he has therefore reacted to it on his own Facebook page. Here’s what he wrote:
You have at least ?#?1million? in your account and so what, are you trying to say that people that have much more got it through corrupt practices?if been a retired General for many years and you use this to brag then I’ll question your economic growth program if you have any… Doesn’t enterprise mean anything to the rtrd general? like didn’t he find any honest means of making like 1m a year? What is he going to teach Nigerians..to sit back in penury?..let’s stop all this sentimental and sympathetic way of seeking the votes of Nigerians,please tell us your agenda and how it can better Nigerians instead of all these “i have a house today and next i have three houses only or I don’t have a foreign account ” the last time it was I had no shoe whiles growing up ,we are tired of all these methods and please not everyone that has these things got them by corrupt practices…..
Do you agree with MC Abbey’s view?
Photo Credit: Facebook
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%