Estimated Reading Time: <1
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that a certain Elijah Nwankwo who hails from Ikwo Local Government area in Ebonyi state lost his life after consuming eight cans of energy drink. He was to win the sum of N1600 after he had been challenged to a bet by one Chikwadu Nchionu.
The Public Relations Officer of the Nigeria Police in Enugu State, Ebere Amarizu revealed this in a statement which was released on Friday, a day after the sad incident occurred.
Part of the statement read:
“After taking the energy drink, he became weak and went into coma. He was immediately rushed to a hospital in Enugu where he was confirmed dead by a doctor.
“The body of the deceased has been deposited at the hospital’s mortuary’’
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research