Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Supersand Eagles began their Copa Lagos defence on a winning note when they dispatched their Ghanaian counterparts, the Black Sharks, 7-5 at the Eko Atlantic City on Friday.
Supersport.com reports that the Black Sharks did not roll over for their Nigerian opponents and matched them in the three periods of the match despite trailing 1-3 at the end of the first period.
Nigeria’s goals came through Victor Tale, Abu Azeez and Babatunde Badmus while Frederick Kwevi pulled one back for Ghana late in the first period.
The second period stood at 4-4, as Audu Adamu’s Supersand Eagles struggled to break down their resilient West African rivals.
- Buhari sacks NAPTIP DG, Julie Okah-Donli, replaces her with Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim
- Finance bill passes through first reading
- Boko Haram: We will do all it takes to secure Nigeria, Vice President Osinbajo says
- Gentle Humans to Potential Killers; Understanding the Reasons Behind Child-Cultism
- House of Reps to summon Buhari over insecurity
- Senate has confirmed Professor Mahmood Yakubu as INEC chairman
- Breaking: Boko Haram claims responsibility for Zabarmari Massacre
- Buhari is satisfied with security chiefs; Garba Shehu says
- Lagos judicial panel restricts journalists from using mobile phones at sitting
- Breaking: Again, lawmakers beg Buhari to sack service chiefs