Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Supersand Eagles began their Copa Lagos defence on a winning note when they dispatched their Ghanaian counterparts, the Black Sharks, 7-5 at the Eko Atlantic City on Friday.
Supersport.com reports that the Black Sharks did not roll over for their Nigerian opponents and matched them in the three periods of the match despite trailing 1-3 at the end of the first period.
Nigeria’s goals came through Victor Tale, Abu Azeez and Babatunde Badmus while Frederick Kwevi pulled one back for Ghana late in the first period.
The second period stood at 4-4, as Audu Adamu’s Supersand Eagles struggled to break down their resilient West African rivals.
- COVID-19 Testing: Nigerian Government threatens to ban flights from UAE, Netherlands
- COVID-19: Ogun State receives 50,000 vaccine doses
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping
- ‘2.5 million people have registered to join APC in Kano’ Ganduje says