Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Supersand Eagles began their Copa Lagos defence on a winning note when they dispatched their Ghanaian counterparts, the Black Sharks, 7-5 at the Eko Atlantic City on Friday.
Supersport.com reports that the Black Sharks did not roll over for their Nigerian opponents and matched them in the three periods of the match despite trailing 1-3 at the end of the first period.
Nigeria’s goals came through Victor Tale, Abu Azeez and Babatunde Badmus while Frederick Kwevi pulled one back for Ghana late in the first period.
The second period stood at 4-4, as Audu Adamu’s Supersand Eagles struggled to break down their resilient West African rivals.
- Buhari will on Friday sign the revised 2020 budget into law
- British High Commission to restart visa applications for Nigerians ready to travel to the UK
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs