Estimated Reading Time: <1
Your VOTE is your VOICE!
Young Nigerians make up the largest voting bloc with 62.4% of registered voters in 2011 between 18 and 35.
To encourage more young Nigerians to participate in the electoral process by registering to vote, EiE Nigeria, with support from the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA), will host 5 concerts in 5 cities in 5 geo-political zones.
The concerts will be FREE to attendees who show their voters’ cards. A token fee will be charged to others.
The FREE #RSVP Peace Concerts will reemphasize the value of a voter’s card as well as provide a platform to share about peaceful participation in the upcoming February 2015 General Elections.
#RSVP is EiE’s flagship campaign that encourages Nigerians to Register to vote | Select credible candidates | Vote wisely | Protect their votes on election day and in the 4 years in between.
The first concert will be today, December 12th in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State at The Atrium at 6 pm.
Headline artistes are Yemi Alade and Burna Boy, a native of Port-Harcourt. They will be supported by Onosz, Fortune, Loxxy C and other Port-Harcourt based artistes.
The concert is also supported by MetroTaxi, Hotel Presidential, YIAGA, Touch PH, Wazobia FM, Nigeria Info and Cool FM.
Other concerts to follow in Owerri (Imo), Lagos, Kaduna & Jos (Plateau).
EnoughisEnough Nigeria (www.eienigeria.org) is a coalition of individuals and youth-led organizations committed to instituting a culture of good governance and public accountability in Nigeria through advocacy, activism and the mobilization of the youth population as responsible citizens. The coalition includes The Future Project; Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN); Education as a Vaccine (EVA); Kudirat Initiative for Democracy (KIND); LYNX Nigeria, Budgit, RISE Networks; Chocolate City Group and EME.
EiE Nigeria created the RSVP (Register|Select|Vote|Protect) Campaign to leverage technology, especially social media to mobilize significant participation from citizens in the 18-35 age bloc in the 2011 elections and beyond.
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items