Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress on Friday commended the security agencies, the media, party supporters and Lagos residents for their immense contributions to the success of its two-day National Convention.
A statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said going by the efforts and perseverance of these groups, it was now clear that Nigerians were ready to make the necessary sacrifice for a change.
The party said the military, police, DSS, civil defence corps and the various Lagos State security agencies, among others, went beyond the call of duty in carrying out their assigned tasks during the convention.
”What this shows is that with proper political leadership and guidance , our security agencies can be the best in the world. We are indeed gladdened by their sacrifice,” APC said.
It added that the media also did not disappoint, as many journalists reported at the venue from 9am on Wednesday and did not leave until the results of the voting were announced at about 6pm on Thursday.
“All the while, they reported the event as it happened. As always, the Nigerian media played their watchdog role with a rare commitment and impressive professionalism. They were there for us all through,” it said.
APC noted that the people of Lagos made a great sacrifice by bearing the inconveniences imposed by the convention without much complaints.
The party said, ”For a city prone to gridlock, there is no doubt that the convention brought about extra inconveniences for the residents as they moved around to perform their daily duties.
“But based on the feedback we have received from across the state, the people believe that whatever inconveniences they suffered while the convention lasted were just a little of the sacrifice they have to make in the collective efforts to build a new Nigeria.
“We appreciate this very much.”
It said the party’s members and supporters, especially the delegates, who came from all over the country, were simply outstanding in their contributions to the success of the convention.
According to the party, this development has given it much hope and confidence that it can always count on its core groups for support.
“With the fairness, transparency, violence-free and the overall success of the convention, APC has shown that it is indeed ready to bring the much needed change to Nigeria and make the country a proud member of the comity of nations.
”In the tough task ahead, we have no scintilla of doubt that we can always count on all those who have made our convention a success,” the party said.
- Nollywood star Ini Edo re-appointed tourism ambassador for Akwa Ibom
- Mandela’s daughter, Zindzi Mandela dies at 59
- Nigeria to review Air agreement with UK, others over landing right withdrawal
- In new reforms, Sudan scraps FGM, alcohol ban & public floggings
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Elfredah Kevin-Alerechi, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens