Estimated Reading Time: <1
Reports reaching us from Calabar say Professor Ben Ayade has been declared winner of the Cross River State Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Gubernatorial Primaries held today in Calabar.
Senator Ayade is said to be backed by Governor Liyel Imoke of Cross River State. Ayade is the Vice-Chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Ecology.
Ayade, who is a representative of the northern senatorial district of the state, before now has been considered a strong contender for the governorship ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), more so with the recent belief within party circles that Imoke has suddenly thrown his weight behind the governorship ambition of the senator.
More details of the results and his emergence to follow..
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students