Estimated Reading Time: <1
Reports reaching us from Calabar say Professor Ben Ayade has been declared winner of the Cross River State Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Gubernatorial Primaries held today in Calabar.
Senator Ayade is said to be backed by Governor Liyel Imoke of Cross River State. Ayade is the Vice-Chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Ecology.
Ayade, who is a representative of the northern senatorial district of the state, before now has been considered a strong contender for the governorship ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), more so with the recent belief within party circles that Imoke has suddenly thrown his weight behind the governorship ambition of the senator.
More details of the results and his emergence to follow..
- 6 days after testing positive for COVID-19, Governor Akeredolu says he has recovered
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations