Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Deputy and Acting Governor of Ekiti State, Chief (Mrs) Biodun Olujimi, has emerged winner of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP Senatorial ticket in the state.
Olujimi who was a one time Commissioner for Works in the state seeks to represent the people of the Ekiti Southern Senatorial District in the Senate.
Chief (Mrs.) Biodun Olujimi served under controversial former governor, Ayo Fayose as Deputy Governor of Ekiti State. Like the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Olujimi is a veteran journalist, lawyer and politician. She was impeached by the House of Assembly in October 2006, alongside Fayose. But that impeachment has since been reversed by the State Assembly. A former National Publicity Secretary of then All Peoples Party (APP) rechristened All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), Olujimi lost the ticket to contest senatorial election in Ekiti South on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to Senator Sola Akinyede in April 2007.
More details of her emergence to follow..
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?