Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo State, Mr. Ebenezer Alabi, has resigned from his position.
Saharareporters say sources at the state secretariat of the party said Mr. Alabi resigned his position in Abuja after pressure from the presidency.
According to the source, the Alabi-led executive was pressured by the party’s bigwigs in Abuja to hand over the resignation letter this morning.
It was reliably gathered that the move was executed to collapse the party’s structure into the camp of the embattled Governor Olusegun Mimiko.
The party has been enmeshed with crisis since the defection of Mimiko. A party member told SaharaReporters that the Governor bribed some executive members to have his way. “The Governor bribed some of the party executive with millions of money because he has been in Abuja since the beginning of this week. He met with President Goodluck Jonathan where the deal was done that Alabi should resign from his position and they would compensate him.”
The party has immediately sworn in and inaugurated new state executive members in Abuja.
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour