Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chelsea defeated Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 in a London derby on Wednesday night and Blues legend, Didier Drogba was a central figure in his club’s triumph. The 36-year-old Ivorian provided an assist for Eden Hazard and then scored the second goal which effectively sealed the victory before Loic Remy who came on as a substitute midway in the second half netted the third.
Speaking after the match, Jose Mourinho praised the efforts of his Ivorian striker:
“First of all he’s a team player, after that he’s one of these players with an old days mentality. He’s not selfish , not vain, a humble guy. He plays for the team, fights for the team. He’s fantastic.
“When he comes from the bench for the last couple of minutes because the team needs him, he does it with the same mentality as when he starts against Tottenham Hotspur.”
“We need Diego Costa but our mentality is the right mentality”.”You don’t cry about it. You give responsibility to the others and they respond in the best way.”
Chelsea remains at the top of the premier league table and have not lost a game in all competitions this season.
- Hadiza El-Rufai: When emotional intelligence is social distancing
- Human rights commission calls for action in addressing Almajiri children
- May 29: Buhari lists achievements over the last five years; here’s the full account
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation
- Katsina Governor, Masari, lifts ban on Juma’at and church services
- Confusion in Cross River as electoral commission issues 4 day notice for local govt election
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness