Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chelsea defeated Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 in a London derby on Wednesday night and Blues legend, Didier Drogba was a central figure in his club’s triumph. The 36-year-old Ivorian provided an assist for Eden Hazard and then scored the second goal which effectively sealed the victory before Loic Remy who came on as a substitute midway in the second half netted the third.
Speaking after the match, Jose Mourinho praised the efforts of his Ivorian striker:
“First of all he’s a team player, after that he’s one of these players with an old days mentality. He’s not selfish , not vain, a humble guy. He plays for the team, fights for the team. He’s fantastic.
“When he comes from the bench for the last couple of minutes because the team needs him, he does it with the same mentality as when he starts against Tottenham Hotspur.”
“We need Diego Costa but our mentality is the right mentality”.”You don’t cry about it. You give responsibility to the others and they respond in the best way.”
Chelsea remains at the top of the premier league table and have not lost a game in all competitions this season.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government