Estimated Reading Time: <1
Today is the House of Assembly primaries of Nigeria’s main opposition party, the All Progressive Congress (APC).
The event is holding in Lagos and Netng reports that the gospel musician and aspiring politician, Kenny Saint Best as she is now known from Brown has lost out in her bid to represent the Ikeja 01 Constituency to Folajimi Lai Mohammed, son of APC chieftain and National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed.
Likewise, Damola Kasumu, grandson of the late Iyaloja General, Abibat Mogaji, emerged the preferred candidate for the Ikeja 02 Constituency.
KSB joined a host of other entertainers heading into the political arena when she declared her intention to represent Ikeja 01 Constituency in the Lagos State House of Assembly come 2015.
Folajimi Lai Mohammed is presently the managing director of Knightsbridge Dredging Limited and he holds a LL.B Honours degree bagged at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK; LL.M at Fordham Law School, New York City, US and B.L. with Honours at Council of Legal Education and Nigerian Law School in Nigeria….
Will the defeat at the primaries crush her political dreams? Time will tell in the coming days.
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike