Estimated Reading Time: <1
The winner of the 2014 BBC African footballer of the year award has been announced and unfortunately for soccer-loving Nigerians, it is not Vincent Enyeama.
Yacine Brahimi who plies his trade for Porto has been announced winner and becomes the first ever Algerian to win the award this will come as a shock to many soccer lovers in the continent. Nigerian goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama; Ivorian midfielder, Yaya Toure; and Gabonese forward, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang were the other players in contention for the award.
The only Nigerian who has previously won the BBC award is Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha. All hope is not lost however for Nigerian fans as their skipper, Vincent Enyeama is also a nominee for the CAF African footballer of the year award.
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration