Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressive congress, APC, in Rivers State yesterday, chose the member representing Andoni Nkoro federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Mr Dakuku Peterside as it’s consensus guber candidate.
Senator Magnus Abe is among top members of the party rumoured to clinch the party’s ticket for the governorship election but it seems Mr Peterside emerged at the end of a marathon meeting of party’s stakeholders in Government House, Port Harcourt.
Dakuku was a former Commissioner of Works during the first tenure of Governor Rotimi Amaechi. Peterside is the Chairman House Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream).
Governor Amaechi at the end of a close door caucus meeting of the party in Government House, Port Harcourt, lifted the hand of Dakuku as the candidate of the party.
The decision was reached at a close door caucus meeting of party members.
- “Acute corruption, indebtedness and nepotism” – The PDP says of Buhari’s ‘regime’ in 5 years
- Donald Trump, the African strongman in America
- NITDA to implement digital economy policy, strategy plan
- Court strikes out charges against Senator Adeleke, over exam malpractice
- Ya’u Usman Idris appointed as DG of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Hadiza El-Rufai: When emotional intelligence is social distancing
- Human rights commission calls for action in addressing Almajiri children
- May 29: Buhari lists achievements over the last five years; here’s the full account
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation