Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Bafana Bafana of South Africa has effectively made sure the Super Eagles of Nigeria will not be defending their African Nations Cup title in Equatorial Guinea come next year.
The Eagles managed a 2-2 home draw with the South Africans who went two goals up after former Orlando Pirates striker, Rantie capitalized on the defensive frailties of the Eagles to grab a double. Hull city midfielder, Sone Aluko came on for Raheem Lawal in the second half and managed to a grab a brace to rescue a point which was not for the Eagles to grab a ticket.
It is definitely a tough night for Nigerian soccer lovers.
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters