Estimated Reading Time: <1
South African coach, Ephraim ‘Shakes’ Mashaba, said his team has one aim at the Nest of Champions in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and that his to break the jinx of not bating Nigeria in any competitive match.
South Africa have already qualified and Nigeria need to win to book their place in the 2015 African Cup of Nations. But Mashaba indicated that they will not hand Nigeria any favour in the crucial AFCON qualifiers.
“Nigerians don’t want to lose against South Africa. That alone will make this match a tough one and we also have the assignment to break the hoodoo that we always lose when we play against them,” Mashaba said before the Bafana Bafana left South Africa.
“We have to go out there positive and believe we will do well. We are defending well but there are still some things we need to do, especially in the middle of the park where we are not picking opponents tight and that will cause us problems especially against a team like Nigeria which is very good in that area.”
- Ayodele Fayose allege irregularities in the recently conducted South-West Congress of the PDP, describing the exercise as a “scam”
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants