Estimated Reading Time: <1
Confusion in Ekiti as minority lawmakers approve appointments brought before it by governor Ayodele Fayose. Their action triggered speculations that the speaker, Dr. Adewale Omirin had been impeached.
Illegality and blatant violation of constitutional rule was encouraged as seven members of the State House of Assembly convened Monday to approve the appointment of three commissioners and members of the caretaker committees of local councils. The minority members also empowered the governor to appoint 12 special advisers.
The seven members of the House who met today included six members of the APC who decamped after Fayose was declared the winner of the June governorship election.
They are: Ajibola Samuel- Ekiti East II, Adeojo. Alexander- Ekiti South West II, Adeloye Adeyinka- Ikole I, Israel Olowo Ajiboye, Fatunbi Olajide J. A -Moba II, Olugbemi Joseph Dele- Ikole II, Olayinka Modupe Abeni- Ado II.
Special Assistant to Governor Ayo Fayose, Lere Olayinka, claimed that there was no such action said nine members met and approved the appointment of local government caretaker committee members. He did not provide the names of the nine members.
He said the House also confirmed the appointment of three commissioners and empowered the governor to appoint 12 Special Advisers.
“Nine members of the House sat today (Monday). There are 26 members in the House and nine formed quorum and can still sit to take decisions. No impeachment of the Speaker,”he said.
Ekiti Assembly has 26 members, 19 of them, members of the opposition All Progressives Congress.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike