Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Dutch national team is back on track in group A of the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign after beating Latvia 6-0 in Amsterdam. It was not all pleasant news for the Orange boys however as Red Devil’s left-back and defensive midfielder, Daley Blind picked up an injury which may rule him out of action for a long time.
The Holland manager, Guus Hiddink announced that the 24-year-old will undergo an MRI scan today (Monday) but he is scared Blind may be missing in action for a long time:
“I’m rather negative”.
“I think it’s a medial ligament that is twisted. It might be a rupture”, the former Chelsea boss said
Daley Blind has also reacted to his injury worry. On his Instagram account, he wrote:
“I’m proud of my 25 games for the Dutch national team, but I’m so gutted with my injury… I’ll stay positive en will come back stronger! Nevertheless a great win, 6-0!”
Goals from Robin Van Persie, Arjen Robben (2) , Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (2), Jeffrey Bruma ensured that Holland beat Latvia convincingly as they will now look to build on that in getting their qualification campaign back on track.
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara
- President Buhari decorates new Service Chiefs