Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Suleiman Abba, CFR, NPM, NPOM, mni, has directed Commissioners of Police across the nation to ensure adequate screening/supervision of Vigilante group to ensure that they work in conformity with lay down Regulation in order to avoid all forms of abuses.
The IGP also has issued a stern warning against the use of thugs to further political interest. He warned that thugs and their sponsors will be arrested and prosecuted
The statement added that these directives have become imperative, considering the need to ensure a violent free General Election in 2015. To this end, IGP has also instructed that an Officer be appointed in all Commands to oversee the activities of these groups and render regular reports of their activities.
Ag.CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
- Nominations list for the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete Nominations list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice
- Just In: Appeal court sacks Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as Imo North APC candidate
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Police withdraws petition to end ongoing judicial panel
- CAN condemns Zabarmari massacre, calls it ‘satanic’
- Just in: Court remands Maina at Kuje Correction centre