Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Suleiman Abba, CFR, NPM, NPOM, mni, has directed Commissioners of Police across the nation to ensure adequate screening/supervision of Vigilante group to ensure that they work in conformity with lay down Regulation in order to avoid all forms of abuses.
The IGP also has issued a stern warning against the use of thugs to further political interest. He warned that thugs and their sponsors will be arrested and prosecuted
The statement added that these directives have become imperative, considering the need to ensure a violent free General Election in 2015. To this end, IGP has also instructed that an Officer be appointed in all Commands to oversee the activities of these groups and render regular reports of their activities.
Ag.CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo