Estimated Reading Time: <1
Roma defender, Ashley Cole has made a shocking revelation about his time at Chelsea. Speaking to ESPN, he revealed that Andres Villas-Boas may not have lasted as manager of Chelsea during his nine months in charge of the Blues because some players refused to work for the manager. Di Matteo took over that side on an interim basis and went on to win the FA Cup and Chelsea’s first ever champions league.
‘There were some players who didn’t want to work hard for Villas-Boas’. ‘But as soon as Di Matteo arrived, that all changed.’
Cole also revealed Sven-Goran Eriksson is his favourite England manager:
‘Eriksson allowed us to be ourselves’.
‘We enjoyed playing for England under him.
‘At the time, the English media made us out to be the best in the world, but we rarely really were and that put us under excessive pressure.’
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation