Estimated Reading Time: <1
Roma defender, Ashley Cole has made a shocking revelation about his time at Chelsea. Speaking to ESPN, he revealed that Andres Villas-Boas may not have lasted as manager of Chelsea during his nine months in charge of the Blues because some players refused to work for the manager. Di Matteo took over that side on an interim basis and went on to win the FA Cup and Chelsea’s first ever champions league.
‘There were some players who didn’t want to work hard for Villas-Boas’. ‘But as soon as Di Matteo arrived, that all changed.’
Cole also revealed Sven-Goran Eriksson is his favourite England manager:
‘Eriksson allowed us to be ourselves’.
‘We enjoyed playing for England under him.
‘At the time, the English media made us out to be the best in the world, but we rarely really were and that put us under excessive pressure.’
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped
- 23 deaths and 1,479 new cases reported in one day as COVID-19 pandemic sweeps 25 Nigerian states
- LASU college of medicine shuts hostel after COVID-19 outbreak among students
- COVID-19: Nigeria is not considering another lockdown – FG