Estimated Reading Time: <1
Roma defender, Ashley Cole has made a shocking revelation about his time at Chelsea. Speaking to ESPN, he revealed that Andres Villas-Boas may not have lasted as manager of Chelsea during his nine months in charge of the Blues because some players refused to work for the manager. Di Matteo took over that side on an interim basis and went on to win the FA Cup and Chelsea’s first ever champions league.
‘There were some players who didn’t want to work hard for Villas-Boas’. ‘But as soon as Di Matteo arrived, that all changed.’
Cole also revealed Sven-Goran Eriksson is his favourite England manager:
‘Eriksson allowed us to be ourselves’.
‘We enjoyed playing for England under him.
‘At the time, the English media made us out to be the best in the world, but we rarely really were and that put us under excessive pressure.’
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike