Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Cross River State Chapter of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, on Friday evening, suspended one of its governorship aspirants, Goddy-Jeddy Agba, alongside twelve other members of the party, following unresolved crisis rocking the party.
According to the State Chairman of the Party, Ntufam John Okon, the members were suspended because they failed to exhaust all available conflict resolution mechanisms within the party and had gone contrary to the party’s constitution by dragging the party to court.
He maintained that following the just concluded delegate election, a lot of issues occurred and some members ridiculed the party by dragging the party to court against party rules.
Asides the governorship aspirant, Mr. Goddy-Jeddy Agba, others suspended are Mr.Sandy Onor, Hon. James Tambang, Mr. Tony Mkpang, Linus Odigba, Dr. Godwin Igile, Kenneth Ndoma-Egba, Samuel Willie, Obitam Ettah, Barr. Venatius Ikem, and Mr. Ernest Irek, all from the Central Senatorial district of the State where Senator Ndoma-Egba comes from.
He said that the PDP in the state would have suspended the Senate leader, Victor-Ndoma-Egba and member representing Ikom in the House of Representatives, Chris Eta, but do not have the power to do so.
They have referred their case to the National Assembly.
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19