Estimated Reading Time: <1
L-R: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State and Senator Bukola Saraki wearing APC Glasses [Photo Credit: PM News]
Kwara state appears set for the 2015 elections following the formal declaration of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed to run for second term in office.
The ceremony which held in Ilorin, the Kwara state capital attracted a massive crowd of supporters as well as chieftains of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) from both the federal, state and local levels.
L-R: Senator Bukola Saraki and General Muhammadu Buhari shares a joke as Atiku Abubakr looks on [Photo Credit: PM News]
Among those present were the party’s presidential aspirants General Mohammadu Buhari, former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar and Governor Rabiu Kwakwanso.
Governors Adams Oshiomohole, Chibuike Amaechi, Aliyu Wammako, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, former Ekiti governor, Kayode Fayemi, governorship aspirant, Mallam Nasir El-rufai, APC chieftain, Bola Tinubu, Senator Bukola Saraki, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and others also graced the occasion to support their colleague.
L-R: General Muhammadu Buhari; Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Aminu Tambuwal [Photo Credit: PM News]
Ahmed recounted his administration’s achievements, noting that “in line with our commitment to continuity, we have leveraged on Shonga Farm experience and created a new generation of farmers, provided more food to our people and enhanced livelihoods through agri-business with the provision of 215 million naira involving micro-credit to out-grower farmers across the whole state”.
He further noted that he was not out to seek praise for doing his job but wanted another chance to do more for the people of Kwara state.
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3 am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Abuja under siege by bandits, but DSS, army after agitators in south-east
- Babafemi Ojudu: The Sunday Igboho I Knew
- NECO announces new date for examinations
- Police parade Niger Republic citizens who supply arms to bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local production of vaccines
- Government to shut down NYSC orientation camps that fail to comply with COVID-19 protocol
- Foreign Direct Investment fell in 2020 with Nigeria earning $2.6Billion
- Just In: Lagos Task Force allegedly kill pedestrian while chasing vehicle