Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool faces Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League tonight (Tuesday). Ahead of that match, the Reds boss, Brendan Rodger has praised Real Madrid’s forward Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player in the world. A win for Real Madrid will ensure their passage into the knockout stage of this season’s competition.
Rodgers is also aware of the threat other members of the Madrid squad can pose. Speaking to reporters ahead of the game, he said:
“Ronaldo is, at this moment in time, the best player in the world”.
“He will tell you himself it is very much about the team. They have some outstanding players in Benzema, Isco, Modric and Kroos.
“He is the catalyst of that team and let’s hope he doesn’t score too many more tomorrow.”
Liverpool will be away to Real Madrid after losing at Anfield a fortnight ago when Ronaldo and co came calling. Rodgers also had something to say about Santiago Bernabeu
“It’s a wonderful arena – one of the iconic grounds in the world. When you come up against the best opponents then that’s the challenge.
“We see it as an opportunity. We’re not coming here expecting to lose and then try win the other games.
“The key is to be compact, very disciplined and to close the spaces. When you have the ball you then have to create the problems yourself”, he said
- Reconsidering Lagos State’s approach to the COVID-19 second wave
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN