Estimated Reading Time: <1
Following the death of Zambian President Michael Sata in UK on Tuesday night, his vice-president Guy Scott was yesterday (Wednesday) named as the country’s interim president. This makes Guy Scott the only white President in the African continent and it will remain that way for three months before an election takes place to determine the next president of Zambia.
Guy Scott won’t be eligible to run for office in three months as the constitution does not allow him because his parents who are English and Scottish immigrants were not born in Zambia. The 70-year-old is shocked that he has become President:
“Everyone is getting used to calling me ‘Your Excellency’, and I’m getting used to it. There are truckloads of guys, police following me on motorbikes. It’s very strange but I’m very proud to be entrusted with it,” Scott said.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists