Estimated Reading Time: <1
Premier league leaders, Chelsea faced a stern test last night when they squared up away against League two side, Shrewsbury town in a Capital one cup fourth round tie. The Blues endured a difficult start to the game as their hosts put up a disciplined display and looked very dangerous from set-pieces especially corner-kicks.
The first half ended goalless but Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba scored early in the second half with a sublime finish when a Mohammed Salah flick fell his way. Shrewsbury equalized with ten minutes remaining in the game when substitute, Andy Mangan scored from a corner.
With scores leveled, Jose Mourinho made a double substitution as Willian and Matic came on for Salah and Mikel respectively. That change put Chelsea ahead few minutes later as Willian showed some great skills on the left flank before sending in a cross which resulted in an own goal from Shrewsbury’s Jermaine Grandison who was under pressure from Chelsea’s Ivorian striker.
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister