Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Accountant General of Lagos State and Governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Akinwumi Ambode, will tomorrow, formally declare his intention to obtain the governorship ticket of the APC.
This information was contained in a statement released by his campaign office on Wednesday. The statement noted that the declaration is coming on the heels of the endorsement that the Epe-born Ambode got from Islamic clerics.
The declaration is scheduled for 10am at the Onikan stadium.
Ambode is believed to be the favoured candidate of the APC national leader Alhaji Ahmed Tinubu and this is said to have caused a rift between him an Governor Fashola who is said to tilt towards former Lagos Commisioner for Justice, Mr Supo Shashore.
- Nigerian Senate wants Ibadan Airport named after late Senator Abiola Ajimobi
- Just In: Ondo Assembly begins process to impeach deputy governor
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Do you know the hate speech bill is still alive and well at the senate?
- COVID-19: Personal assistants and aides not allowed in airport terminals, FG tells VIPs
- Presidential Panel had Ibrahim Magu of EFCC detained for 6 hours after arrest at the commissions headquarters
- Foreign students taking online lectures in the US might be deported – US Government
- “They learnt from you” – Senator Shehu Sani trolls Ibrahim Magu of EFCC after ‘arrests’
- Ize-Iyamu, the APC Candidate for Edo State is to appear in court over alleged N700m fraud
- Ganduje of Kano promises to send Rivers Governor Wike to Isolation centre until Edo Election is declared for APC
- Senator Shehu Sani asked me to bribe Judges – Witness tells court