Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Accountant General of Lagos State and Governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Akinwumi Ambode, will tomorrow, formally declare his intention to obtain the governorship ticket of the APC.
This information was contained in a statement released by his campaign office on Wednesday. The statement noted that the declaration is coming on the heels of the endorsement that the Epe-born Ambode got from Islamic clerics.
The declaration is scheduled for 10am at the Onikan stadium.
Ambode is believed to be the favoured candidate of the APC national leader Alhaji Ahmed Tinubu and this is said to have caused a rift between him an Governor Fashola who is said to tilt towards former Lagos Commisioner for Justice, Mr Supo Shashore.
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”