NewsWireNGR had reported the defection of Nigeria’s Speaker of the House of Assembly, he issued statements shortly after explaining why he attended a meeting meant for only stakeholders of nigeria’s opposition APC in the state while leading a People’s Democratic Party led House.
Here’s a transcript of the statement issued by his media aide…..
1. That today, Monday, 20/10/2014, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tony Anenih, led other members of the party on a reconciliation meeting in Sokoto but the Speaker of the House of Representatives and a member of the NEC of the PDP, Rt. Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal CFR, was not invited to the meeting.
2. That Rt. Hon Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal was later invited by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko, to attend the meeting of their political family to discuss the political future of Sokoto State.
3. That the Speaker, Rt. Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, duly obliged and attended the meeting.
4. That the meeting had in attendance prominent Sokoto citizens many of who have no known political affiliation. The most notable been the Sardauna of Sokoto and former Minister of Finance, Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji.
5. That consultations on the Speaker’s political future continues and the outcome will be made public at the appropriate time.
Malam Imam Imam @imamdimam
Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs