Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressive Congress (APC) have written a letter to the Inspector -General of Police asking for questioning of Asari Dokubo on the threat he made against the the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammad.
The APC in the letter asked the Inspector -General of Police to invite Asari-Dokubo for questioning over the comments he made on an online newspaper.
The party said it finds Asri-Dokubo’s comments that he would not give a civilized response to Mr Mohammed by suing the APC Spokesperson for his remarks but that he (Asari Dokubo) warned that he will resort to “self-help by using his hands and any other means to deal with Mr Mohammed ”
Excerpts of the letter reads as follows:
“The attention of our party has been drawn to comment made by the leader of the Niger Delta People Volunteer Force (NDPVF) Mr Mujahid Dokubo-Asarri that included a threat against the our National Publicity Secretary Alhaji Lai Muhammad.
“The threat, contained in an interview granted to the online newspaper Premium Times by Mr Asari Dokubo on Friday October 17th 2014 follows a press statement which was issued on behalf of the party by Alhaji Lai Mohammed on oct 8th 2014 asking the Federal Government to explain the reported presence of Asari Dokubo on the plane that transported the U$9.3 million cash to South Africa.
“In the interview Mr Asari Dokubo said while he would not adopt a “civilized response to Mr Mohammed by suing the APC Spokesperson for his remarks he (Asari Dokubo) warned that should courts fail to deliver justice he will resort to self-help by using his hands and any other means to deal with Mr Mohammed ”
“We find this threat totally abhorring, dangerous, unacceptable and uncivilized and therefor wish to request that you call Mr Asari Dokubo to order and invite him to explain what he means by his threat to self-help we have attached a copy of the said interview to this petition”
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English