Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Enugu State Command of the Nigerian Police Force has arrested a man, Mr. Ozoemena Nwankwo, for allegedly beating his pregnant wife, Ndidi Nwankwo, to death.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, explained that the incident occurred around 10pm on October 17 at Nwankwo’s residence in Akpawfu village, Nkanu East Local Government Area of Enugu State.
According to the police spokesman who explained the incident to Newsmen, Nwankwo, who was described as a chronic wife-beater, beat up Ndidi, who was four months pregnant, until she lost consciousness.
The woman sustained a severe injury on her right leg in the course of the beating.
It was gathered that the pregnant woman gave up the ghost after she was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Ndidi’s corpse has been deposited at Agbani General Hospital, in Nkanu West Local Government Area, while Nwankwo is currently in custody as police operatives conduct investigations into the incident.
Amaraizu said Nwankwo has expressed regrets over the development, saying he never thought his pregnant wife would die as a result of the beating.
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844
- Miyetti Allah President has said Fulani’s own Nigeria and will rule forever
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture