Estimated Reading Time: <1
Benue state Governor, Gabriel Suswam has rejected the claim by Kano state Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso that two Governors under the Peoples’ Democratic Party will soon join the All Progressives Congress.
Suswan spoke with State House correspondents shortly after a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Other PDP governors, who met separately with the President included Governor Martin Elechi of Ebonyi State, Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State and Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State.
Suswam said that Kwankwaso’s assertion further shows that APC is jittery and knows there is no support base with which they can win elections in 2015.
“It looks like the APC people do not have confidence in themselves, that on their own they can make progress. So they keep speculating that PDP was going to join them.
“That shows clearly that APC is not a party that Nigerians can go to. If I am sure of myself, I won’t be asking for additional troops from the enemy’s camp.
“They are not sure, they know they will not win until the PDP joins them even now with the strength they have. Kwankwaso was in PDP, he had added value so to say. They now discovered lately that in spite of that, they can’t make any progress.
“They are now speculating and hoping against hope. No PDP governor will go to APC, rather, we are having people who started PDP who are very strong like the Iroko coming back to join the family that they left.
According to him, not even a councillor is leaving PDP, he said that APC is simply scared ahead of 2015.
“No governor is leaving PDP. We are going to defeat them roundly. They are scared. Nobody is going to join them from the PDP, not even a councillor.”
Kwankwaso was a former Governor under PDP but joined APC and was instrumental to its formation.
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12
- Breaking: Explosion hits Lagos and Ogun border communities
- Ondo Election: INEC chairman meets with journalists, stakeholders in Akure
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu