Estimated Reading Time: <1
Sequel to Nigeria disappointing 0-1 loss to Sudan yesterday in an AFCON qualifier, the Super Eagles’ skipper and goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama has issued an apology to Nigerian football fans.
He shared the photo above on his Instagram account with the caption:
“So sad. I want to apologize on behalf of the team to the entire country for the embarrassing loss today. We were bad today but we will not stop fighting to redeem the image of Nigerian football. God bless Nigeria. God bless Nigeria football fans and supporters#proudly Nigeria.”
Nigeria’s qualification hopes is currently very slim as we have found a seat at the bottom of the table in group A which is currently set like this:
P W D L PTS
1) South Africa 3 2 1 2 7
2) Congo 3 2 0 1 6
3) Sudan 3 1 0 2 3
4) Nigeria 3 0 1 2 1
Do you think Nigeria will eventually qualify from this group?
So sad#i want to apologize on behalf of the team to the entire country for the embarrassing lost today#we were bad today#but we will not stop fighting to redeem the image of Nigerian football#God bless Nigeria#God bless Nigeria football fans and supporters#proudly Nigeria.
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion