Estimated Reading Time: <1
Arsenal’s centre-back, Laurent Koscielny has revealed that his coach, Arsene Wenger and Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho are friends as against the popular assumption that they are enemies. Both coaches had a shoving and shouting match when their teams clashed last Sunday.
The French player who was responsible for the foul on Eden Hazard that resulted in the first of two unreplied goals scored by the Blues had this to say:
“It’s a long history of friendship between the two coaches”.
“After Cahill’s tackle, I think the coach was a little upset because three days before Alexis Sanchez received the same tackle against Galatasaray. The player only got a yellow card. [Wenger] flew out of control.”
On the penalty he conceded against the Blues; his seventh since the 2010/2011 season, he had this to tell reporters:
“It is true that I have conceded many penalties I do not know if the Guinness Book of Records has that kind of record,” Koscielny added. Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho are separated by the fourth official Wenger and Mourinho clashed on the sidelines
“I have played about 200 games, and conceded eight penalties for Arsenal and the French team. If I could concede penalty kicks when the score is 4-0, it would be better for sure, but we don’t choose.
“This weekend, there was a penalty. The situation must be judged early on. When Eden comes very quickly, he either scores or I clear the ball. It was toss of a coin.”
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion
- Federal civil servants on grade level 12 and above to resume full work hours
- Court fines Naira Marley N200,000 for violating COVID-19 restrictions
- NLC gives Air Peace, Turkish Airlines and Bristow Helicopters 2 weeks to reinstate sacked pilots
- Med-view is selling two Aircrafts to settle debt
- Ahead of Edo elections, Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu, Buni, Ganduje in Aso Rock
- Edo PDP members stage protest at state assembly complex
- Kebbi state will refund all Hajj deposits
- Commercial banks owe Telcos N17 Billion for USSD transactions – NCC
- UAE refutes reports of travel ban on Nigerians