Estimated Reading Time: <1
Despite the crisis trailing the alleged judicial violence in Ekiti state, Senate President David Mark has said that Ayo Fayose would be inaugurated as the state governor on October 16.
Mark stated this at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, at an event where Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State formally defected to the Peoples Democratic Party from the Labour Party.
Fayose was alleged to have either beaten up or supervised such of a sitting Judge of the State High Court. The Chief Judeg of the state has also petitioned the NJC to investigate the crisis.
But Mark insisted that regardless of this, Fayose would be inaugurated.
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor