Estimated Reading Time: <1
Despite the crisis trailing the alleged judicial violence in Ekiti state, Senate President David Mark has said that Ayo Fayose would be inaugurated as the state governor on October 16.
Mark stated this at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, at an event where Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State formally defected to the Peoples Democratic Party from the Labour Party.
Fayose was alleged to have either beaten up or supervised such of a sitting Judge of the State High Court. The Chief Judeg of the state has also petitioned the NJC to investigate the crisis.
But Mark insisted that regardless of this, Fayose would be inaugurated.
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu