Estimated Reading Time: <1
What started like a rumor months back has come to pass!
The Governor of Ondo state, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko today (Thursday) joined the ruling party, People’s Democratic Party (PDP) at a well attended event which took place at the Banquet hall of the Presidential Villa.
As the 2015 election draws closer, this will be seen as a huge political point for the PDP. Some of the political juggernauts who were in attendance when Mimiko announced his defection today are: Senate President, David Mark; Vice President, Namadi Sambo; Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan and many others.
Mimiko didn’t defect alone, he took along 25 members of the Ondo state House of Assembly which was led by the Speaker, Mrs. Olajumoke Akindele.
Mimiko had been holding several meetings since Monday before he finally defected today. His defection will however not come as a surprise to political aficionados who have in the past noticed that he has always affiliated himself with the ruling party.
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike
- Tax debt payments have been extended to August 31 – FIRS
- Kogi swears in new Chief Judge
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Nelly Kalu, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- NBC Code Amendment: The New Frontier in Nigeria’s War on the Economy
- Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in police custody as DSS Operatives ransacked his homes