Estimated Reading Time: <1
Brazilian winger, Willian has started his club’s last four games and is set to be an integral part of Chelsea’s setup this season after a disappointing World cup outing with his nation.
The 26-year-old was at the pre-match press conference with Jose Mourinho ahead of his side’s Tuesday Champions League match against Sporting Lisbon. He paid homage to his manager who he gave credit for making him a better player and therefore earning himself a place in the largely talented Brazil national team
‘I have to prove myself on a daily basis at Chelsea. I have to kill a lion each time and I am dedicated to that. This is an expression from Brazil.
‘When I started to play, my Dad would use this punch-line all the time to instill confidence in me and make me work hard if I wanted results to occur.’
‘Working with Jose is a learning experience on a daily basis. He demands much but he is very specific and very precise in the requests he makes.
‘I am learning much. It has improved my game and helped me get into the national team.’
He also spoke of the Blues intention to come back home with maximum points in the bag after Tuesday’s game
‘It is a difficult match against a great club with quality players. We are prepared. We respect them, but we are here to collect points. We come here to win. We cannot afford to slip.’
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation