Estimated Reading Time: <1
Not less 600 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members of the house of Assembly in the 36 state in the country have backed party’s decision to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan to contest the 2015 presidential election. THISDAY reports
The legislators, who met on the platform of PDP State Legislators’ Forum at the weekend in Abuja, passed a vote of confidence on the party’s leadership at all levels.
In a communique issued at the end of the meeting, the lawmakers said they have all resolved to endorse the president as the sole candidate of PDP in 2015 based on the success rate of his transformation agenda.
A member of the Benue State House of Assembly, Hon. Audu Sule, who spoke to journalists alongside his counterparts from Zamfara and Kebbi States, Hon. Muhammad Ahmad and Hon. Kabir Abdullahi Besse respectively, said their group used to comprised 626 nationwide before the defections of some members which had now reduced the membership strength to 615
The forum said after an objective assessment of the president’s performance, the legislators concluded that he had done credibly well to deserve a second term, adding that he has succeeded in implementing a number of projects that impacted on people’s live.
“We said this because if you are changing a winning team, you may not know what it will portend. Also, constant changes in the leadership of the country does not augur well for continuity which is very important for the development of the country. We believe his grand formation agenda is on course and needed more time for him to conclude laudable on going programmes and projects.
“That the forum after careful assessment of Mr. President’s Transformation Agenda and the developmental achievements of his administration do hereby wish to endorse Goodluck Jonathan as our sole candidate for the 2015 presidential election under the platform of PDP,” they said.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown