Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ahead of their Champions league match against Barcelona on Tuesday, Paris Saint Germain coaach, Laurent Blanc has called for patience towards his £50million signing, David Luiz.
Blanc believes Luiz will become an integral part of the French side’s setup soon but is of the opinion that the Brazilian who is still settling in needs the patience of fans so as to thrive. PSG has not been in the best of forms so far this season as they have drawn five of their opening eight fixtures.
Blanc believes that the former Chelsea defender who has had to step up since Thiago Silva sustained an injury needs time to settle in fine
“He needs time.”
“Like some other players, he arrived after a big disappointment in the World Cup.
“He had almost no pre-season preparation when he came here. He plays games with no preparation through friendy games. He came and played directly.
“Maybe it was better to wait before including him in the line-up. But with Thiago Silva’s injury, we couldn’t.
“But I think he is doing very well, because he brings his impact.
“He is reassuring even if he takes some risks sometimes. But he is reassuring.
“I think he’s a great defender, and he is becoming more and more important to this team,” the former France coach said.
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande