Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has vowed to do everything humanly possible to stop Jonathan’s move to seek for re- election into the office of presidency come 2015.
The former vice president who made the vow yesterday on the Hausa Service of the BBC noting that General Badamasi Babangida, late General Sani Abacha and former President Olusegun Obasenjo had to manipulate their stay in office but were unsuccessful and therefore Jonathan would also not succeed.
He said, “ we must stop Jonathan’s re-election come 2015. People like Babangida, Abacha and Obasanjo made different moves to manipulate their stay in office to no avail, so Jonathan will not succeed too. “ Atiku said.
Meanwhile, Ijaw leader and former Federal Commissioner for Information, Chief Edwin Clark, Thursday urged the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to ignore the petitions written against the endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan as the party’s sole presidential candidate for the February 14, 2015, presidential election.
A former PDP presidential aspirant from Adamawa State, Umar Ardo, had sent a petition to the PDP leadership urging it to reverse the endorsement of Jonathan because of what he described as “its obvious illegality.”
But Clark, in an open letter addressed to the PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, titled: ‘Umar Ardo’s false representation of law and facts bears no relevance to President Jonathan’s re-election in 2015,’ called on all organs of the party to ignore the petition.
He said: “The PDP national chairman, PDP Board of Trustees, the NWC, PDP Governors’ Forum, stakeholders and the public should discountenance Ardo’s letter because it is ill-motivated and sponsored by PDP detractors who mean harm and would stop at nothing to heat up the polity unnecessarily and in fact even derail our growing democracy.
“For a man who claims to be a PDP stakeholder to deliberately throw spanner in the works showcases him more like an evil wind that blows no one any good. Ardo is sounding the trumpet of detractors, who are bent on aborting the baby, just before the hour of delivery.
“At this point, what is required of every PDP stakeholder is a comeraderie bonding of fellowship that will see our great party to victory in the 2015 general election.
“All stakeholders must therefore close ranks and work assiduously to move the party to its zenith and era glory,” Clark added.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?