Estimated Reading Time: <1
As 2015 draws closer, several Nigerian entertainers have declared their intention to run for political posts. One man who does not support the trend is former PMAN President, Charly Boy.
The Area fada as he is fondly called spoke about the situation in an interview with Punch Newspaper. He said most entertainers delving into politics are doing so because of selfish reasons. He stated that must of them are bad and plan to go into offices so as to steal money
“We are living in very hard times and however they think they can augment their source of livelihood; I understand some of these issues because our environment has become crazy and unpredictable whereby they do not know what is going to happen tomorrow.
“I know to some people, they think politics is the way. Personally, I would never do that; I would never jump into something I know nothing about. We Nigerians are like ‘group-souls,’ meaning we just rush into what we see everybody going into.
“Whether we can go through that route or not is irrelevant; but because everybody is going through it, we just want to be a part of it. It is also known as the ‘bandwagon syndrome.’
“That is not my template of doing things, anybody that knows me know that I don’t venture into things others are doing. I don’t follow the bandwagon and that is why I do not see myself venturing into politics and I have a little disrespect for politicians. I know that most of them are bad and they are people who have not nurtured themselves as leaders and are involved in politics because of the money they want to steal.
“That is not a good thing, but I cannot stop somebody who is frightened of his/her tomorrow to venture in the same path. I pray and hope that they can make it because there is nowhere that is easy,” he said
Some of the entertainers who have declared their intention to run for elective positions come 2015 include: Kate Henshaw, Desmond Elliot, Tony Tetuila, Julius Agwu and 9ice
- #EndSARS protests should continue says Benue State Governor Ortom
- #EndSARS: You have made your point, please call off the protest; Tinubu begs
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS