Estimated Reading Time: <1
Our entertainers are really not joking about politics. Veteran Nollywood actor, Kenneth Okonkwo is the latest in a long list of entertainers vying for elective positions in Nigeria come 2015.
The actor who came to limelight in 1991 when he starred in Nigeria’s first ever home video, Living in Bondage will be running for a seat in the National Assembly to represent Nsukka/Igboeze South Federal Constituency where he hails from. He will be running under the platform of the People’s Democratic Party.
The actor who often wears a broad smile is a graduate of Business Administration from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He also has a masters degree in International Law and Diplomacy from the University of Lagos, Akoka and has also studied Theology in the past.
We wish him luck!
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike
- Herdsmen crisis: Akeredolu begs Buhari for support
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions