Estimated Reading Time: <1
Benue State governor, Dr. Gabriel Suswam, has said that the people of the State have endorsed the candidature of the President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, for the Benue South Senatorial seat come 2015.
The governor made the statement today in Abuja while speaking at the presentation of a book, “Suswam, Politics and governance in Benue State” He said their decision to return him to the Senate in 2015 is irrevocable.
“The position of Senator Mark is not contest able. We want him back and there is no question or argument about it,” he said.
“The Senate President has performed creditably and it is only logical that we give him the needed support and encouragement to continue the good works in the upper legislative Chamber,” he added.
In his remark, Senator David Mark commended the governor for his achievements in the state. He noted that in addition to infrastructural development, the governor has succeeded in building peace among the different ethnic groups in the state.
- Cross River primary health care boss decries destruction of health centers
- Nigeria will ensure Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerges WTO DG; Federal Government vows
- Lagos Lawmaker says hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protests because protesters gave them food
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2
- The National Security Adviser says protesters used social media to incite violence
- Niger State Government bans all protests and processions in the state