Estimated Reading Time: <1
Benue State governor, Dr. Gabriel Suswam, has said that the people of the State have endorsed the candidature of the President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, for the Benue South Senatorial seat come 2015.
The governor made the statement today in Abuja while speaking at the presentation of a book, “Suswam, Politics and governance in Benue State” He said their decision to return him to the Senate in 2015 is irrevocable.
“The position of Senator Mark is not contest able. We want him back and there is no question or argument about it,” he said.
“The Senate President has performed creditably and it is only logical that we give him the needed support and encouragement to continue the good works in the upper legislative Chamber,” he added.
In his remark, Senator David Mark commended the governor for his achievements in the state. He noted that in addition to infrastructural development, the governor has succeeded in building peace among the different ethnic groups in the state.
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers
- Nigerian Airports to resume Operations – here’s what you need to know
- Nigerian children must be given all the necessary care – Gbajabiamila
- Governor Masari resumes lockdown in Katsina after Eid el-Fitr Celebration
- 28 COVID-19 testing centres now 28 across Nigeria, Katsina and Ogun get labs – NCDC
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic