Estimated Reading Time: <1
After Manchester United lost 3-5 to Leicester City in the English Premier League on Sunday, controversial Liverpool striker, Mario Balotelli sent out a tweet which appeared to mock the Red Devils. The Italian wrote: “Man Utd LOL [laugh out loud]”.
This was not taken lightly by fans of Manchester United who raced on to Twitter to send some abusive responses to the 24-year-old. Some of those responses were racist in nature and Merseyside Police are currently investigating the racial slurs.
The Official Twitter account of the Merseyside Police read:
“We can confirm officers are looking into offensive comments made on Twitter about Mario Balotelli earlier today.”
This is not the first time Balotelli is facing racial abuses in his career
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match