Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Inspector-General of Police, Acting IGP Suleiman Abba, NPM, NPOM, mni, has stated unequivocally that the order banning the setting up of Police road-blocks nationwide is still strictly in force. In a directive issued to all Commands and Formations of the Force, the IGP warned that all semblances of Police road-blocks and permanent check-points reportedly re-emerging in some parts of the country, especially in the South-East, South-South and South-West geo-political zones of Nigeria should immediately be dismantled.
The IGP who described the trend as a serious violation of subsisting order on road-blocks warned that severe sanctions await any Police Commands, Formations and personnel who violate the order.
While charging the Command Commissioners of Police and Heads of Formations to ensure total compliance with this order, the IGP further orders extensive visibility patrol and effective surveillance on our roads.
?NIGERIA POLICE STANDS FOR PEACE
…As Nigeria Celebrates World Peace Day
As Nigeria joins the rest of the world in marking World Peace Day on September 21, 2014, the Nigeria Police wishes to restate its resolve to work assiduously for the enthronement of genuine peace in the nation. As peace officers and front liners in the drive for a peaceful world, the Nigeria Police understands the dislocation and trauma that happen to families, homes, cities and businesses in the event of disturbances.
In line with the above, the Nigeria Police will train more officers on conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation. Our Family Units and Juvenile Welfare Centres will be reinvigorated to cater for the needs of hurting family members, widows, orphans, displaced persons and the vulnerable. The Police will pay more diligent attention to Early Warning Signs and improve response time to crises and distress calls.
The Inspector-General of Police, Ag. IGP Suleiman Abba urges all citizens to embrace peace at all times, and to assist law enforcement agents in the preservation and maintenance of peace nation-wide.
Ag.CP EMMANUEL OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, FORCE HEADQUARTERS,ABUJA
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits
- Nigerian Senate wants Ibadan Airport named after late Senator Abiola Ajimobi
- Just In: Ondo Assembly begins process to impeach deputy governor
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Do you know the hate speech bill is still alive and well at the senate?
- COVID-19: Personal assistants and aides not allowed in airport terminals, FG tells VIPs
- Presidential Panel had Ibrahim Magu of EFCC detained for 6 hours after arrest at the commissions headquarters
- Foreign students taking online lectures in the US might be deported – US Government
- “They learnt from you” – Senator Shehu Sani trolls Ibrahim Magu of EFCC after ‘arrests’
- Ize-Iyamu, the APC Candidate for Edo State is to appear in court over alleged N700m fraud