Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ahead of Wednesday’s UEFA Champions League match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Schalke defender Dennis Aogo has made it clear that they will have to be wary of all Chelsea players and not just Diego Costa if they must stop Chelsea.
Despite Costa’s impressive return of seven goals in just four matches for the Blues, Aogo believes the English club is very complete and every player must be given adequate attention by his teammates.
“In Germany we have seen (Diego Costa) has had a great start to the season, but it’s not just him,”
“The whole team is playing very well and they are not top of the Premier League for nothing.
“We are a playing against some of the best players in the world here so we don’t need any extra motivation.
“Who is to say that we won’t have a great day and compete at the highest level…”, the 27-year-old told reporters.
The German side will be missing some of their first team players as a result of injury but Aogo has revealed that there would be no excuses when both sides file out at Stamford Bridge
“Our captain (Benedikt Howedes) is missing, but we also have quite a few more players missing.
“Of course it is not easy but the players on the pitch have to stand up and compensate for that situation – and take responsibility. We can’t just sit here and feel sorry for ourselves – we have to give our best on the pitch and try and make up for that.”
- Lagos State Government to reverse Land Use Charge
- Female bodies and the illusion of safe spaces in Nigeria
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria records 348 new cases, total infections exceed 11,000
- TechHerNG begins the re-launching Africa ‘emphasising tech, prioritising progression’ series
- WHO to resume chloroquine coronavirus clinical trials
- APC generated N135m from sale of forms to 6 Governorship aspirants
- FG approves reimbursement of funds expended by States in fixing Federal roads
- Court reinstates five Kano lawmakers suspended for backing dethroned Emir Sanusi
- Lawmakers to amend Labour Act to strengthen NLC
- INEC must provide face masks for voters in Edo and Ondo – Falana