Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Rivers State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said it would not apply zoning in choosing its candidates for elective positions in the 2015 elections.
State Chairman of the PDP, Chief Felix Obuah, made this known while presenting a six-point communique issued at the end of a meeting of the state executive council meeting of the party.
“For the purpose of the 2015 elections, the party is poised to reclaim all its lost offices in the State. Consequently, the party shall ensure internal democracy and provide a level playing field for every member seeking to contest any elective position”
“That the State chapter of the party has not and shall not zone the governorship ticket of the party to any ethnic nationality, senatorial district or local government area. Consequently, all constitutionally qualified members of the party are free to vie for the party’s ticket to allow for the best candidate to emerge.”
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives
- Alleged N41 Billion Fraud: Tony Elumelu denies allegations, demands apology
- Ondo government spends over N13 billion on workers allowances
- Ogun state government makes COVID-19 test free for returning students
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story