Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Tanko Almakura has indicated that he is ready for any fresh impeachment plot that may be hatched against him by members of the Nasarawa state House of Assembly.
Al-Makura said this during a visit to President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
“That is within the realm of speculation; I don’t want to respond to speculation. But once we get to the bridge, we will cross it,”? the governor said.
It would be recalled that the lawmakers initiated an impeachment process against the governor in August.
However, the move failed when a judicial panel of inquiry quashed the charges of misconduct leveled against the governor. ?
Al-Makura said that he was at the Villa to give the president an update on the security situation in Nasarawa State.
“You are aware that we have faced certain security challenges in my state, but by God’s grace we are on top of the situation.
“I can assure you that things are calming down now; we are on top of the situation now,” ?he said.
He went further to say, “already, the government of Nasarawa State has initiated community based resolution mechanism which will bring all stakeholders together to discuss our mutual interest, especially as it affects security.
We believe that where you have the participation of all, you find it easy to solve the problem and lessen the burden and responsibility of when to take care of the situation”.
He assured the public that offenders who breached the peace would be prosecuted after due investigations by relevant security agencies. ?
“Government has already set up a judicial commission of inquiry and the White Paper is already out.
“Government has started implementing some aspects of the White Paper, especially the administrative aspect that is within the responsibility of the government.
“I’m very much aware that the police are intensifying their investigations to bring the offenders to book.
“It is the result of that investigation that will facilitate proper prosecution of criminals that will be brought to book. ?
“So, you will hear from us very soon as the investigations are concluded,” the governor said.
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara
- President Buhari decorates new Service Chiefs