Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian firm today launched an alert app developed one of the most important applications a person can have on their phone aimed at tackling the problem of insecurity especially in developing countries. Created in 2013 by PISI LTD, the E-alert app guarantees contact for help with just the press of a button.
In a statement issued by the developers, PISI LTD, “All you (a user) needs to be located when caught up in a dangerous situation is Internet connectivity. There are many stories of kidnappings, terrorism and a variety of dangerous scenarios that Nigerians as well as other nationals in other countries have to face today. The E-alert provides some reassurance for you and your loved ones so that you can feel safer.”
PISI Ltd recognises the need for security in Nigeria and the rest of the world, hence the creation of an application with features like a panic button that sends out alerts in 45 second intervals with your updated GPS location via SMS, allows you insert a maximum of 10 contacts to whom these alerts will be sent in the event that you press the panic button.
The ‘overprotective mother’ feature sends out alerts when you don’t check in at a particular time and the E-alert application is free for everyone to download on Blackberry, iPhone or Android phones.In all emergency situations such as kidnapping, rape, domestic violence, E-alert aims to reassure the safety of its users.
The application has a premium version that offers the following services:
In-app alert messages which will help save credit
Social media alert messages that also help save credit
Direct DPO/station contact
Emergency breakdown cover
E-alert also seeks to support education for young people, as 10% of profits will go to a scholarship fund. E-alert will conduct a social media competition on Vine and Twitter for students and the winners will be beneficiaries of the scholarships.
For more information and updates and downloads, follow E-alert on the following social media platforms:
Twitter – @ealertapp
Facebook – E Alert App
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants
- ‘Some people want to incite war in the southeast’ David Umahi says
- In Niger, a 35-year old man, Umaru Jibrin stabs the Chief Imam over an alleged affair with his wife